Who Are We
Feral Watch & TNR is a registered non-profit company (NPC 2020/065177/08) with PBO number 930070126. The organisation was founded in 2018 after being a branch of Feral Care Friends since 2016. We run operations mainly in and around the Highveld Ridge area which has a large population of so-called gutter cats that reside in this area.
Two more branches function in Standerton and in Welkom. Our main focus is to establish cared for, controlled & healthy feral cat colonies. We are a pro-life & pro-sterilization organization. This means that we do not euthanize healthy animals.
Like most animal welfare organisations, we rely on public support & donations to continue the good work. We can now issue a Section 18 (A) tax receipt for your donations.
Feral Watch’s methods are approved by the NSPCA. Over the past 2 years, we have already established various controlled colonies. We currently care for almost 300 cats daily!
- We work with feral cats only, not domestic cats
- Cats/kittens are not removed unless their lives are in imminent danger
- We are not a shelter for unwanted domestic cats
- Do not feed colonies, if you are not going to TNR them
- We do not support ‘’free to good home’’ advertisements for many reasons
- We do adoptions, but keep in mind that a feral cat’s transition to domestic life is a slow process and some may never fully transition
- Please contact your local SPCA for animal emergencies or to report cruelty!